This page provides a brief overview of the warranty service policy.
Warranty determinations are based on the condition of the tool, date of sale, and the serial number. If a purchase receipt is not provided, then the condition and serial number (if still legible) will be used to determine whether a tool is covered under the manufacturer's warranty policy. If the manufacturer requires a receipt, we will not conduct any work until the receipt has been provided.
Accessories are generally considered wear items and are never considered warrantable. The following are a few examples of "wear" type items that are not covered under warranty:
- Anvil tips
- Retaining rings
- Rotor blades
- Bevel and pinion gears
- Drill chucks
- Cut-off wheels
- Nibbler punches and dies
- Scaler needles
- Backing pads
- Impact wrench anvil jaws, hammers and pins
- Air rachet cracked or spread towers, broken drive ends, worn yokes or pawls, and worn parts
Warranty does not cover the freight when shipping into a service center. However, it does cover the return freight from a service center in addition to the labor and needed parts.
Limited Warranty Definition
A limited warranty means that the manufacturer guarantees the product to be free of defects in workmanship for a specific time following the sale of the product. Limited warranties do not cover tools that have failed for one of the following reasons:
- Wear and tear: The tool has failed because of normal wear and tear. For example, vanes and gaskets worn due to regular use, round anvil tips, or bad sockets
- Abuse: The tool was broken in a context outside of its specific use. For example, a tool that has been smashed by a lift or broken due to a fall
- Misuse: The tool has been used for a purpose for which it was not designed. For example, an air ratchet that has been used as a breaker bar, snap head kit, or tower part
- Tampering: The tool has been altered or taken apart
- Lack of maintenance: The tool has not been properly maintained or serviced. For example, an air motor completely seized due to rust